Researchers at Northeastern University and Brandeis University are conducting a study to develop and test an innovative mobile application. The application aims to encourage physical activity and social connectedness among caregivers of family members with Alzheimer’s disease.
All participants will receive $25 per hour of participation, up to $50.
To participate in the study:
- You must be a full-time, at-home caregiver to a family member, partner, or friend.
- A physician must have diagnosed the person you care for with neurocognitive disorder due to Alzheimer’s Disease.
- You must be 18 years or older.
If you decide to participate, here is what you will be asked to do:
- Complete an Inspiration Book. In this notebook, you will describe the games that you enjoy playing. You will also describe what you enjoy about the games. You may work on the Inspiration Book at any time. You will be asked to bring your Inspiration Book to the interview session.
- Participate in an Interview Session. The interview has two sections. Both sections can be done in one single visit, or you can do the first section in the first visit, and the second section in a second visit.
- First Section: you will ask to fill out a survey about you and to answer some questions related to your physical activity and how socially connected you are.
- Second Section: you will participate in designing activities and brainstorm ideas for a digital game that encourages physical activity and social connectedness.
The study is focused primarily on MA, RI, and CT.